Hello.... here's what we can do for you !
We provide a link between people interested in volunteering and non-profit groups looking for volunteers. We advertise for volunteers on behalf of 300+ non-profit groups in Sligo and we refer interested people to these groups.
Tidy Towns Volunteers in Action
You can find out about the many ways to volunteer in Sligo town and county.
- Research our database of volunteering opportunities.
- Get advice and support on choosing volunteer opportunities.
- Get general advice on volunteering.
- Attend a one-to-one appointment; a small group information workshop or simply apply on-line and get advice over the phone.
- Our service is free
At Sligo Volunteer Centre, community organisations which involve or need volunteers can....
- Avail of our free service where we promote and advertise your volunteer vacancy through our database website, facebook, and twitter pages, countywide posters and monthly email updates..
- Get quality training about finding, keeping and managing volunteers.
- Get on-going information, advice and support on working with your volunteers.
- Get help in putting your volunteer roles and putting volunteer policies and procedures in place.
- Get support to develop a voluntary Volunteer Coordinator role within your organisation.
- Get a Garda Vetting Service – for organisations who do not have access to their own Authorised Signatory.
- Request presentations about volunteering and volunteering opportunities e.g. large corporate organisations or schools or colleges.
Participants receiving their Volunteer Management Training Certificates from the Mayor Tom McSharry with Paula Naughton Trainer.
It is also important to know what we cannot do:
- We cannot supply organisations with groups of volunteers.
- We cannot guarantee to refer any volunteers – sometimes no one applies. However, we continue to actively promote all vacant roles
- We do not screen or select volunteers for you. We will try to guide or steer potential volunteers to roles we think will suit both themselves and the organisation, but we cannot control who applies.