Sligo Volunteer Centre is run by 4 part-time staff. We also have the support of a voluntary Board of Management and some regular support volunteers.
Sligo Volunteer Centre Staff :
Ciara Herity - Manager Paula Naughton - Volunteer Development Officer Riona Rochford - Volunteer Development Officer
Olivia Byrne - Garda Vetting and Project Worker & Sinead Doherty - Volunteer Development Officer (Maternity cover)
Thank you to all our in house Volunteers
Our Current Board of Directors are: Marie Casserly (Chair), Maria Gallo (Vice Chair), Mr. Larry Mullin, Kathya Rouse (Treasurer), Jack Devaney, Hugh McConville, Sean Forde, Shupai Matwea, Dorothy Clarke. Ms. Mary McMorland is the Company Secretary.
Sligo Volunteer Centre is an affiliate of Volunteer Ireland - http://www.volunteer.ie
There are over 20 Volunteer Centres throughout Ireland. In the Connaught-North West region there are:
- Mayo Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteermayo.ie/
- Donegal Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteerdonegal.ie/
- Galway Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteergalway.ie/
- Monaghan Volunteer Centre - http://www.volunteermonaghan.ie/
- Leitrim Volunteer Information Service - http://www.volunteerinleitrim.ie/
- Roscommon Volunteer Information Service - http://www.volunteerroscommon.ie
The Centre is funded by the Department of Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government with additional support from Sligo County Council.