Garda Vetting Training:
Next Training: Get in touch
New legislation brought in May 2016 has brought about significant changes to the vetting system. Sligo Volunteer Centre process vetting on behalf of a number of affiliates. If your organisation would like to avail of the garda Vetting Service, or just find out more, this is the training for you.
Cost: €25 (further €25 to register with the GV service after training)
This event is suitable for not for profit organisations who wish to sign up to our EVetting service. Ideally the attendee will be the person who is going to be administering the vetting in their organisation. It is also suitable for Board Members.
Finding & Keeping Volunteers: Tuesday 14th May 2019 6.30pm-9.30pm
This is an introductory level workshop aimed at staff or volunteers in non-profit groups who recruit and manage volunteers. It is aimed at groups who have not yet availed of training on any aspect of Volunteer Management.
- What Sligo Volunteer Centre can do for you
- What volunteers want from volunteering
- Tips for developing attractive volunteer roles
- Overview of Planning for Volunteers
This session is aimed at the person within the organisation who has/will have responsibility for planning for volunteer involvement. Phone 071-9111042 or e-mail email@example.com to find out when the next session is coming up.
- Small / local community groups: = €10
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€15
- Volunteers with no access to funding –suggested contribution:= €5
Volunteer Leadership Training
This is a modular training designed to bring organisations through the range of Volunteer leadership topics.
Volunteer Leadership Training (2 day training)
Price per participant
- Nationally Affiliated groups/larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: =€75
- Small organisations / local community groups: = €50
- Volunteers with no access to organisational funding –suggested contribution:= €10
Dealing with Challenging Situations
Workshop for Voluntary & Local Community Groups
Working with volunteers can present certain challenges. It is human nature to want to put if off in the hope that it will sort itself out! Addressing difficulties as early as possible will help to avoid an escalation that will demand more of your valuable time. This workshop will give you the skills and confidence to face these situations. This workshop is taking place in partnership with West Sligo Family Resource Centre Ltd Enniscrone
DATE & TIME: TBC
The cost of this workshop is €10 for Small organisations/Local Community groups and €15 for Nationally Affiliated groups/Larger Groups.
Places limited to 12 participants Closing date Monday Oct 1st .