Well, it’s that time of year again. Little did we think we would still be knee deep in the pandemic, yet here we are. Let’s try and make the best of a bad situation!
People in Sligo are very generous and even more so around Christmas time. We are always asked about volunteering and donation options, so here is a list of ways to give and help someone out at this time.
If your Charity would like to include your appeal, please contact us on email@example.com
And don’t forget – SHOP LOCAL this Christmas 🙂
1. St. Vincent de Paul Sligo Branch: If you want to support SVP there are many different ways you can do so. At svp.ie and nominate your local area; by phone at 0818 176176 and nominate your local area; by post to SVP, PO Box 1234, Dublin 1- cheques made payable to the Society of St Vincent de Paul; or direct to a regional office- the addresses can be found on www.svp.ie.
2. Sligo Cancer Support Centre: A wide selection of Christmas Cards and 2022 Calendars now available from Cancer Support Centres in Wine Street in Sligo and Ard Aisling in Tubbercurry. We also offer a personalised E-card again this year which you can email to friends and family. To order please: contact info@SligoCancerSupportCentre.ie
You can also become a Patron of the Centre by joining their Sligo Cancer 500 club if you can give 10.00 euro per month. Please call 071 9170399.
3.Havin’ a Laugh Book: A little book of inspiration and hope – why not have the win win of getting a lovely gift for someone while supporting Havin A Laugh who strive to promote positive mental health. The book is on sale in Liber Bookshop.
4. North West Simon Appeal:
The Christmas Appeal letter will be distributed shortly and they’re asking people to donate whatever they can to help homelessness prevention services in the North West. To donate please visit www.northwestsimon.ie. For further details on the ways you can support the homeless charity please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0877708865.
You can also don your Christmas Jumper on Friday 10th December to raise funds. It’s a fun way for everyone in your workplace, office, school, community, or even on your zoom call to get involved to raise money for those at risk or experiencing homelessness in the North West. Create your #ChristmasJumperDay Fundraising page today using the iDonate link: www.idonate.ie/event/3161_christmas-jumper-day.html
5. North West Hospice: Illuminate your memories this Christmas on the North West Hospice Memorial Tree. The Tree will be adorned with lights this Christmas, illuminating thousands of memories and brightening the winter skies. You can sponsor a light for just €5 in memory of your loved one and it will shine throughout the festive season. You may record a memory of your loved one in the on-line Book of Treasured Memories. Visit northwesthospice.ie/memorialtree to sponsor a light now or call us on (071) 9170523 for more information.
A box of 12 luxury Christmas cards costs just €7 and all funds raised from the sales of the cards go directly towards funding our essential Palliative Care Services. Shop now at https://northwesthospice.ie/shop/ or call us on (071) 9170523 or check these outlets in your local area.
5. Lego to Laois: For Winter 2021 only we are collecting LEGO and DUPLO for children in Malawi. Watch the video to learn more: https://www.ulemu.com/legotolaois
Sligo drop off point is The Hair and Beauty Quarter, 38 High Street, Sligo F91 N8WT.
6. Christmas Toy and Food Appeal: Working and Fundraising on Behalf of Sligo Food Bank in association with Focus Ireland, St Vincent de Paul, Shalomar and Housing First. Contact details on image below.