Mental Health Ireland (https://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/) is encouraging the country to stay connected, keep communicating, and to reassure themselves and each other during COVID-19 lockdown and beyond. They have developed a series of resources designed to help people support their own mental health and that of their loved ones during these challenging times. Resources include:
Five Ways to Wellbeing, a poster series which reflect the tough times we currently face,
The Connect, Communicate, Reassure resource pack co-produced by people who have experienced mental health challenges, supporters, family members, the Office of Mental Health Engagement & Recovery and Mental Health Ireland.
Mental Health Ireland encourages everyone to put evidence-based wellbeing strategies into practice today!
Some of the things we all can do to support mental health amid COVID-19 are:
- Chat to your loved ones about their needs and yours
- Brainstorm the things you are doing well together
- Create/review your crisis plan
- Identify supports to help with shopping/pharmacy, if needed
- Ensure important telephone numbers are in one safe, accessible place.
Stay positive and well everyone.